Master of Public Health Mission:
Spartans will create and promote health equity and social justice through:
- a creative, dynamic, practice-infused, public health curriculum;
- community/academic, partnership-informed, public health practice, research, and service;
- collaboration with communities;
- development of transferable public health skills.
Master of Public Health Vision:
Spartans will transform the world by creating and promoting health equity and social justice within their communities and health systems.
Master of Public Health Values:
The Master of Public Health program will be guided by our values to produce in ourselves effective leaders.
- We will strive towards excellence of being and doing at all levels of our program – our operations, self-development, instruction, research, and service – through assessment for quality improvement.
- We will be leaders in innovation by providing an evolving curriculum and practice opportunities to meet the changing needs of adult learners and workforce development using creative and engaging technologies.
- We are committed to accomplishing health equity within communities we serve.
- We are committed to collaborative community engagement that represents true teamwork, ownership, effective communication, and inclusion. We will partner with communities with mutual respect and shared responsibility for the promotion of health and wellness for American and global communities by translating and disseminating public health evidence into practice, policymaking, and advocacy.
- We will operate with, and hold each other accountable to, unyielding ethical practice (personal and professional), integrity, and honesty in our work – teaching, learning, research, practice, and partnerships.